The most powerful non-contacting deformation measurement system
Limited Time Upgrade Offer!
We are excited to announce the release of VIC-3D 9 with iris. For a limited time, we are offering flexible and affordable upgrade options to customers who are not eligible for a complimentary upgrade. Prices vary depending on system configuration, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 (803) 926 – 7272 x1 for a quote today!
The VIC-3D 9 system is a powerful turn-key solution for measuring and visualizing full-field, three-dimensional shape, displacement, and strain based on the principle of Digital Image Correlation. Using this method, 3D displacements and strains are available at every point on the specimen’s surface. All systems are customized to your needs, and are available for a wide range of size scales for quasi-static and dynamic events. All systems are turn-key which includes all necessary software, hardware, training, and technical support to ensure the system operates exactly as expected.
VIC-3D 9 measures arbitrary displacements down to nanometer resolution (dependent upon the size of the object), and strains from 100 microstrain to 2000% and above are possible with 50 microstrain or better strain resolution. Specimen sizes ranging from <1mm to >50m are possible, and dynamic events can be captured up to a rate of 5,000,000 fps (frames per second). System setup is simple, and only requires a quick calibration procedure and an applied random speckle pattern. No special illumination or lasers are required and there is no contact with the specimen during testing. In summary…if we can see it, we can measure it.
The new iris graphics engine brings a host of new functionality all from within the already versatile VIC-3D software. Some of the exciting new features include:
- Import finite element data for visualization and comparison to measurement data into new graphics framework – see the video in ‘System Highlights’ section below
- Display synchronized analog data values alongside data plots
- Create life-like animations using integrated adaptive motion blurring for fast-moving objects
- Animate object position, scale, opacity, rotation, and more with an all-new user-friendly interface
- View speckle images on 3D plots
- View high-resolution isolines on 2D and 3D plots with scalable fonts
- Create high-resolution, publication-ready plots in PDF and ultra-high-definition video formats (from 720p to 4K)
- Create high-quality videos using a multi-threaded rendering engine
- Edit labels with Unicode support
To learn more about these exciting new features, watch this video presentation from the 2020 SEM International Conference:
Our DIC systems are designed with the user experience as the primary focus. They are simple to set-up, calibrate, and operate. The list of some of the features of the VIC-3D system are listed below:
- Compare FEA and DIC data using VIC-3D 9: Among the new features of the powerful VIC-3D software is the ability to quickly and accurately compare finite element predictions and digital image correlation measurements. This update will establish a soon-to-be essential workflow for engineers in many fields. Check out the video below by Dr. Michael Sutton explaining how DIC is compared to FEA using VIC-3D.
- Versatility and Convenience: With our extremely portable VIC systems, data can be collected in a wide range of settings with ease. Results can be processed on-the-spot or data can be exported for analysis in the convenience of your office. Processing can also be done on any Windows PC with flexible floating licenses or network licenses.
- Software Integration and Ease of Use: The VIC Software Suite is extremely easy to use and provides a user-friendly interface consistent throughout all applications. Powerful tools include report generation, animation creator, python scripting, copy & paste all graphs and plots, and flexible and complete data export features.
- Performance and Accuracy: The VIC image correlation algorithms are accurate and extremely fast. In fact, industry-leading real-time processing can be achieved using a modern consumer multi-core processor. Our systems can process up to 500,000 points per second, which is years ahead of the competition. This saves valuable time especially for high-resolution image processing or when processing 1000s of images for vibration analysis.
- Experience, Knowledge, Technical Support: The Correlated Solutions support team includes engineers with a combined experience of over 100 years. This also includes well-known authors who have developed the technology from the ground up. Our team develops the software, designs hardware components, integrates all hardware, tests all systems to ensure high quality while including the very best technical support from the manufacturer. The Correlated Solutions team has the experience to tackle even the most challenging applications to help get the most out of every VIC-3D system.
VIC-3D add-on modules are available for the following specialized applications:
- Vibration Measurements
- Infrared Measurements
- Microscopic Measurements
- High-Speed Measurements
- High-Speed (FFT) Vibration Measurements
- Ultra High-Speed Measurements
If you don’t see a system suited to your needs, please contact us and we may be able to develop a customized system. Our experienced Engineering staff will be happy to discuss your application.
VIC-3D turn-key systems include standard resolution (SR), high resolution (HR), extra-high resolution (XR), high-speed (HS), and ultra-high-speed (UHS) imaging devices that will meet all of your testing needs. Various interfaces are available, such as USB 3.0, Firewire, GigE, and CameraLink, with each offering their own specific benefits in terms of resolution, acquisition rate, and triggering capabilities. Resolutions up to 29 MP and frame rates up to 5 MHz are supported with our integrated hardware, which includes our image acquisition software Vic-Snap to allow for easy data acquisition and external data synchronization. Below are the specifications for common VIC-3D systems configurations, but all systems are customized to your applications:
|System Type||VIC-3D SR||VIC-3D HR||VIC-3D XR||VIC-3D HS||VIC-3D UHS|
|Camera Resolution||1920 x 1200||2448 x 2048||From 12 to 31 MP||up to 4 MP||400 x250|
|Frame Rate*||140 Hz||50 Hz||Up to 335 Hz||Up to 300 KHz||5 MHz|
|In-Plane Resolution||0.000005 * FOV||0.000005 * FOV||0.000005 * FOV||0.00001 * FOV||0.00002 * FOV|
|Out-of-Plane Displacement Resolution||0.00001 * FOV||0.00001 * FOV||0.00001 * FOV||0.00002 * FOV||0.00004 * FOV|
|Strain Resolution||down to 10 µε||down to 10 µε||down to 10 µε||down to 10 µε||down to 50 µε|
|Strain Range||from 0.005% to >2,000%||from 0.005% to >2,000%||from 0.005% to >2,000%||from 0.005% to >2,000%||from 0.010% to >2,000%|
*Faster rates available via binning or clipping
The video below gives an overview of some common VIC-3D applications. For a more detailed list of applications by industry, please visit the Applications page.